Sunday, September 03, 2006

September 3, 2006

I have literally dreamed about this day for as long as I can remember. Today we’re MOVING TO CALIFORNIA! What the heck is that? What started as a series of (what I believe to be God-ordained) conversations a little more than a year ago to today, September 3, 2006 – wow look at all that has happened.

We’re all packed, and I’m sitting on the bare floor of our apartment looking around wondering what the heck we’re doing. What was I thinking when I mentioned this to Erica (who IS the MOST AMAZING wife that anyone could ever have)? Seven years ago God blew me away when He brought her into my life – she is everything I never knew I always wanted. It’s been a blast and an adventure from the beginning, and I can’t wait to see what God is going to do with us in California.

I praise God for His faithfulness, for His blessings, for His love for mankind. The fact that I am even allowed to be a part of what He is doing in the world is amazing. I could have never anticipated this day where He would not only call, but allow us to pursue this dream that He placed in my heart so many years ago. (I feel a little bit like Abraham when God told him to JUST GO, and He'd take care of showing him where when he got there.)

If anyone actually reads this, the one thing that I hope that you take away from this blog is that God has placed a dream in your heart. You may not know today what it is, or you may have spent many years ignoring it. If the latter is true – don’t do that. If the former is true – spend some time figuring out what it is. I bet you already know.

We are each unique creations of God, put here to do SOMETHING in this world for Him and for our fellow man. I have no idea what the next chapter in our lives will look like, but I believe with all that’s in my heart that we are following the leading of God in making this journey, and I can’t wait to see what He’s got up His sleeve. (And for the 70 degree weather in DECEMBER!)

Join us on this trip if you like in your own heart. Check back here when you can, we will try to update it as often as possible to let you know what we’re learning, and you do the same.

If you’re ever in SoCal, you always have a place to crash and if you’ve never been – get you’re butt out there!

Seth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home