Sunday, May 25, 2008

New Beginning

Turning a Corner

As many of you noticed (and notified us) our blog postings stopped not long after our arrival to LA. Well, Seth got busy with classes, auditions and freelance work. And I, well, I had nothing positive to say about LA at the time. I'm happy to say that I turned a corner. It took almost a full year. I'd say November 2007 is when it happened.

I remember the moment that I realized it. I was driving east on the 134 freeway from Pasadena, rounded a corner in which I could see it all - downtown, the valley, the Griffith Observatory, and thousands of rooftops glittering the hillsides. It was an unusually smog free moment and one of clarity for me. This city is rich with opportunity, overflowing with moments of possibility and pulsating with passion and hope. It is city, beach, industrial and small town in a mass of crowded streets and diverse people. And it hit me, like a ton of bricks. I like this city. I regretted the admission all at once.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home