Week 2
Training Week #2
Saturday morning. 5:30am. My alarm is going off. Whose idea was this? Every Saturday for the next 15 weeks I will not be sleeping in. Instead I will be at my marathon training by 6:45am. And running by 7. Crap. It was my idea. To make matters worse. It is freezing, cloudy and looks like it is going to rain. We leave the house and start making our way to Lake Balboa where we will train for the next 3 weeks. It starts to rain. It starts to pour. Seth looks at me with a look that says – seriously? Seriously. We huddle under a tent with about 20 other trainees and our coaches. We start to stretch in the rain. Seth and I communicate with no words - Seriously? I can’t get sick. Are we really going to run in the rain? We decide running in the rain and being sick the next two weeks isn’t worth it. We go to sign out – no one blames us. But then as if a scene in a movie, my pen goes to sign my name out and the rain stops, instantly, all at once. We look at each other and laugh, then run over to join the group. We run 2.4 miles and the sun comes out.
Heartfelt thanks to three friends – Nancy, Maricia & Torie for their donations this week.
Saturday morning. 5:30am. My alarm is going off. Whose idea was this? Every Saturday for the next 15 weeks I will not be sleeping in. Instead I will be at my marathon training by 6:45am. And running by 7. Crap. It was my idea. To make matters worse. It is freezing, cloudy and looks like it is going to rain. We leave the house and start making our way to Lake Balboa where we will train for the next 3 weeks. It starts to rain. It starts to pour. Seth looks at me with a look that says – seriously? Seriously. We huddle under a tent with about 20 other trainees and our coaches. We start to stretch in the rain. Seth and I communicate with no words - Seriously? I can’t get sick. Are we really going to run in the rain? We decide running in the rain and being sick the next two weeks isn’t worth it. We go to sign out – no one blames us. But then as if a scene in a movie, my pen goes to sign my name out and the rain stops, instantly, all at once. We look at each other and laugh, then run over to join the group. We run 2.4 miles and the sun comes out.
Heartfelt thanks to three friends – Nancy, Maricia & Torie for their donations this week.


1 Comments:
Woohoo! Glad you two are back blogging (or at least you are Erica). We miss you guys! Things here in Va Beach are just like when we left...we've just jumped right back in with both feet.
Blessings friends!!!
E
Post a Comment
<< Home