A Refreshing Saturday
Saturday morning we were up early again for our training.
This week training took us to the hills of Griffith Park. I was a touch nervous as I drove through the park. Lots of hills, lots of people, and 6 miles of running ahead of me. The week before my Saturday run of 4 miles had not gone well. I had a great week of training with Seth, but 6 miles sounded like a long way.
As I said before, if you push through what seems difficult, and push through the wall you think you can't pass, it turns out it isn't as hard as it once looked. I am proud to say that I ran the entire 6 miles without stopping. And better yet, I felt GREAT! I spent the run listening to Alicia Keyes, thinking about my looming 30th birthday and spent time praying for some dear friends who are going through a difficult time. I felt for the first time that I was in "the club." That insiders league of runners, with the small nod, lift of two fingers and a breathless "morning." It felt good to feel strong. Each week I run further than I have ever run before, and this brought tears to my eyes on yet another run.
We spent the afternoon hanging with Seth's sister who was in town for work. It was a chilly day in Santa Monica, so we opted for indoor activities vs. hanging pool-side. Lunch, massages, drinks on a beautiful patio, it was a refreshing Saturday.
This week training took us to the hills of Griffith Park. I was a touch nervous as I drove through the park. Lots of hills, lots of people, and 6 miles of running ahead of me. The week before my Saturday run of 4 miles had not gone well. I had a great week of training with Seth, but 6 miles sounded like a long way.
As I said before, if you push through what seems difficult, and push through the wall you think you can't pass, it turns out it isn't as hard as it once looked. I am proud to say that I ran the entire 6 miles without stopping. And better yet, I felt GREAT! I spent the run listening to Alicia Keyes, thinking about my looming 30th birthday and spent time praying for some dear friends who are going through a difficult time. I felt for the first time that I was in "the club." That insiders league of runners, with the small nod, lift of two fingers and a breathless "morning." It felt good to feel strong. Each week I run further than I have ever run before, and this brought tears to my eyes on yet another run.
We spent the afternoon hanging with Seth's sister who was in town for work. It was a chilly day in Santa Monica, so we opted for indoor activities vs. hanging pool-side. Lunch, massages, drinks on a beautiful patio, it was a refreshing Saturday.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home